The mission of the Shore Line Interurban Historical Society is to preserve the history of urban, suburban, and interurban passenger railroads in the upper Midwest. The Society achieves its mission through educating the public on the economic, technical, social, political and cultural impact of the railroads through utilization of the following:
- Publication of Shore Line's signature magazine, First & Fastest;
- Publication of Shore Line's Web site and other electronic media;
- The support of its members and friends, and their respective resources, recollections and collections;
- Cooperation and educational activities with railway historical societies, museums, libraries and other institutions;
- Input from operators of passenger railroads in our area of interest.